Importance of Educational Psychology for Teachers
Teacher is like a philosopher who guides his student. He is responsible to be aware about growth and development of the students. It is educational psychology which enables the teacher to use various techniques. The importance of educational psychology and teachers has the following points:
- Educational Psychology helps teacher to know that how learning takes place.
- It enables a teacher that how learning process should be initiated, how to motivate, how to memorize or learn.
- It helps teachers to guide the students in right direction in order to canalized student’s abilities in right direction.
- It informs a teacher, about the nature of the learners and his potentialities.
- It helps a teacher to develop a student personality because the whole educational process is for student’s personality development.
- It helps a teacher to adjust his methodologies of learning to the nature / demand of the learner.
- It enables a teacher to know the problems of individual differences and treat every student on his / her merit.
- It helps a teacher that how to solve the learning problems of a student.
- It helps a teacher that how to evaluate a students that whether the purpose of teaching & learning has been achieved.
Importance of Educational Psychology in Education
Following are the points which show the importance of education psychology in education. It also show how educational psychology and education have importance for another another.
Educational Psychology studies various factors which have impacts upon students, which may include home environment, social groupings, peer groups, his / her emotional sentiments, and mental hygiene etc. Various methods are used in order to get the desired data about the learner in order to know about him / her mentality and behavior and its manifestations.
2. The Learning Process
Here educational psychology investigates that how information and knowledge be transferred and what kinds of methodologies should be used for that purpose.
3. Learning Situation
Educational Psychology studies the factors which are situational in nature that how environment like of classroom be managed and how discipline be maintained. Besides it, it studies various Audio Video Aids & its role in facilitating the teaching learning process.
4. Curriculum Development
Educational psychology helps curriculum developers that what kind of curriculum should be made and what kinds of content be given to teachers to transfer to the next generation.
5. Evaluation Techniques
Educational psychology helps educators that what kinds of evaluation techniques should be used to test the learner that to what extend information and concept have been transferred.