What is Interview Method
Every individual in our daily life meet with other and discuss something with him. This is the process of interview b/w interviewer and interviewee. The daily conversation b/w patient and doctor or student and teacher are the examples of interview. In interview the investigator and the respondents set together and they exist a face to face conversation between the two for a specific purpose. Interview is a process of meet with interviewee either by telephone or face to face conversation to discuss some purposeful thing.
Definition of Interview
- P.V. Young: A scientific method through which a person enters into the life of a stranger.
- Good & Hatt: Interview a close face to face conversation or a dialogue between the investigator or interviewer and interviewee. OR It is a process of social interaction between interviewer and interviewee.
- Kerlinger: A face to face interpersonal situation in which one ask questions from the other to get answer about a social problem.
In simple words we can say that interview is a verbal communication or two way conversation between two persons like interviewer and interviewee to get information’s about a problematic situation.
Objectives of Interview
Following are the main objectives of interview.
- Collect information’s about an existing social problem
- Create relation between interviewer and interviewee
- Gain inner feelings of the respondent
- Create a source of knowledge
- Provide rich hypothesis
- Reduce the distance between human beings
- Observe the situation quickly
- Collect additional information’s
- Draw quantitative facts.
- Gain new knowledge about an area.