The Finance Minister Sindh Murad Ali Shah presented the budget 2012-13 amounting Rs. 577.98 billion.
Important Poinits of Sindh Budget 2012-13
Following are the some important points of the sind annual budget 12-13.
- Total receipts of the Sindh Government projected Rs. 570.8 billion in the budget 2012-13.
- If come to federal receipt, estimated Rs. 381.9 billion but will receive 323.2 billion in budget year 2012-13.
- Sindh Government projected to receive Rs. 96.63 billion from its own in the current budget.
- Sindh Revenue Board will try to achieve the target of Rs. 25 billion in the budget 2012-13. For the upcoming fiscal year 2013-14 it will increase to Rs. 32 billion.
- Rs. 1 billion will receive in the head of first dividend from Sindh Bank.
- Rs. 315 billion expected to spend in the head of current revenue expenditure.
- For health sector Rs. 49.52 allocated in the budget 2012-13.
- Salaries and pensions increased by 20% in Sindh budget 2012-13.
- Rs. 231.7 billion expenditure for provincial development, out of this amount Rs. 181 billion will receive for provincial own resources, Rs. 35 billion from Flood Emergency Reconstruction Project (FERP) and remaining amount Rs. 14.51 from federal grants.
- A huge pay package of Rs. 485 million allocated for LHVs, regular as well as student nurses and midwives.
- Rs.111.96 billion set aside for education which includes Rs. 12.39 billion for different development schemes.
- Interest free loan of Rs. 300,000 per head will be provided to 34000 low income families under the head of Wasilae Haq program.
- 15000 to 20000 new jobs will be created.
- For Sindh Police Department Rs. 39.3 billion allocated in the budget 2012-13.
- Rs. 720 million set aside for developmental programs for minorities, which was Rs. 110 million in the previous fiscal year.
- Rs. 8 billion allocated for irrigation in the budget 2012-13.
- To increase productivity of agriculture sector Government of Sindh Government will provide subsidy on 6000 tractors.
- Agriculture sector will get Rs. 13.69 billion which includes Rs. 10.9 billion for ADP.
- In Government jobs, quota for women increased by 25 percent for 5 percent.
- To provide Natural gas to the localities Rs. 2.3 billion set aside.
- To fulfill village electrification program Rs. 1 billion allocated for current fiscal year.
- Justice Law courts will get Rs. 3.48 billion in the budget.
- To facilitate judiciary Rs. 19.08 million is allocated.