The use of audio visual aids in teaching has increased in the past few years due to technological advancement. Technology blessed the teachers, administrators and student community with multimedia presentations which increase interest in the classrooms. According to studies, when teachers use learning aids, students show interest and get more stimulate.
Following are some importance of audio visual aids in teaching and learning process.
- The study changes living bodies, for example seed germination, development of plants and animals. For this purpose film, projectors, chart, models etc. can be uses.
- To show the interior of things: human body, internal structure of animals and palms and interior of machines etc. can only be studied with the help of photographs, films, models etc.
- To present historic material: photographic records of important events, people and places can be used for this purpose.
- To give information about large and complicated machine: many machines and industries are too complicated to be understood. So T.V programs, photographs, films, charts etc. can help in such situation.
- To present exotic materials: This can be done by photography, paintings, diagrams, projectors, transparencies, film, strips, models, T.V etc. Pupils can be given understandings about different materials in distant places.
- To present information about inaccessible places: it is often impossible to visit some local industries or where there are prohibited places in the region in such instances photographs, films and T.V programs act as effective aids to give information to the pupils.
- To summaries a series of observation: after a field trip a suitable film presents a quick summary of things observed.
- To present information about microscopic materials: Charts, models, transparencies and projected slides are useful for presenting information about microscopic material such as microorganism.